Saturday, February 27, 2010

Frustrations

Camera stress has re-ignited as when my camera started malfunctioning this morning in the Rio train station. Little is less welcome at 7am after an overnight bus trip. Today I was accompanied to the Manaus markets to gear up for my trip (anti-itch cream!!!) and price new ones. My camera is playing with me occasionally metering correctly but other times washing out in over exposure. Damn, I need my tripod. My tour guide is a bit creepy as he babysat me for the day and has no inhibition about patting me etc. but he was sweet enough to offer to loan his: “it’s a great camera and it will take nice pictures for you”. It is a point-and-shoot so if my camera continues to malfunction in the forest I may go crazy and defect to the tribe of Amazonian women.

I’m getting so frustrated with internet. Sometimes feeling like you are stepping back in time is a welcome experience but not when it is like stepping back to dial-up.

I am also giving up on uploading photos. Whether I should blame blogspot or the connection is pointless, I blame both.

No comments:

Post a Comment