Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hitting the Wave

I can now return to the States. I have spent a day catching the waves... with my butt, back, chest, and every other body part. It is a shame my tumbling off a surf board was not recorded as I could have been useful for choreographing some extremely avant-garde ballet. Today I hope to surf again.

Due to excesses of things and people to see and a paucity of time, my flights have had to be delayed. I fly to São Paulo Thursday evening and back to New York City basically all day on Saturday.

I am applying to the government to take a piece of beach or slice or rainforest home with me. I am not sure it will go well but I maintain hope.

Perhaps one of the best moments has been canoeing back to the rainforest with the lights and sounds of homo sapiens replaced by a deafening amphibian symphony and sky studded stars radiating as though the sun were smashed and its shards scattered on a midnight canvas within an arm's reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment